Technical Service Engineer
We are Etergo. We're on a mission to accelerate the global transition towards sustainable energy and transportation by creating a safe, scalable and environmentally friendly alternative to petrol and diesel vehicles. Our singular aim is to bring clean transportation to the masses. Founded in 2014, we have grown our company with over 60 agile thinkers, building high-end electric transportation. We are currently working on #AppScooter, our first product, to demonstrate that city mobility can be clean, and deeply integrated with technologies that connect us.
As we are growing fast, we are now looking for a Technical Service Engineer to join our team in Amsterdam.
As part of our team, these will be some of your day-to-day activities:
- Plan and prepare pre-delivery inspection checklist, vehicle service schedule, Service BOM (spare parts list including repair kits), diagnostic and service tools kit list in coordination with Service Manager, engineering, quality, and supply chain department;
- Work together with the engineering department and the prototype build team for establishing and improving serviceability requirements during the development phases;
- Plan and prepare vehicle/warranty service processes and procedures in coordination with the Service Manager;
- Support Etergo’s network of Service Experts in the field with troubleshooting techniques and remote diagnosis, travel to perform field diagnosis or repair;
- Debug systems and perform diagnostics on development phases and on field failures both remotely - looking at data logged by the vehicle and directly in the field;
- Analyze and document product field failures;
- Support Technical Training Coordinator in preparing the Technical Trainings;
- Support Technical Writer in preparing the Technical Documentation;
- Provide technical support in order to minimize vehicle downtime, through day to day coverage of internationally distributed service cases;
- Develop the necessary documentation to generate possible "Product Follow Up";
- Generate periodic reports required by the engineering team;
- Actively train the Service Experts to analyze the problems in order to assure future diagnostic competence at our service network;
- Report technical cases to the Technical Training Coordinator in order to develop new courses;
- Work autonomously and with minimal supervision to ensure high customer satisfaction rate.
This is the right role for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably Automotive or Mechatronic
- A minimum of 6 years hands on experience in the diagnosis and repair of vehicle technology including:
- Powertrain Systems
- Vehicle Electronic Systems, including Data bus networks
- Vehicle Electric Systems
- Infotainment Systems
- Maintenance work
- Familiarity with electrical diagrams
- Fluency in English (speaking additional languages will be considered a plus)
Will make you stand out:
- Two wheelers and/or EV experience will be considered a big plus
- Troubleshooting and problems solving experience.
About Etergo and our culture:
At Etergo we want petrol scooters to become a thing of the past, and electric scooters to meet their fullest potential. AppScooter is our first step in this mission. Combining connective technology, high quality materials, comfort and safety into a long-range electric scooter, our goal is to show the world that electric is the future, and the future starts with us.
With over twenty-five nationalities, we're proud of our cultural diversity. Our team consists of everyone from marketing experts, to mechanical engineers and programmers, and a lot in-between. We work very hard, but have fun and take care of each other as well. We have ping pong battles and a cold beer on Fridays to kick off the weekend. Curious to find out more about our benefits, and company overall? Check out our website.
How to apply:
No need to write a lengthy formal cover letter, however, we do really appreciate it if you can tell us in your own words why you’d like to work with us and how your experience and personality match up against our requirements. Don’t forget to tell us about a component that you have worked on; something that you are especially proud of!
Please make it easy for your potential future team and submit an English version of your CV.